Finance and Administrative Assistant
Stockholm Environment Institute’s US Center seeks an energetic, versatile, and intellectually curious individual to help us with financial and human resources administrative tasks, with the possible expansion of responsibilities to include general IT support, if interest and capabilities allow.
This position will report to the SEI-US Financial Director and also be part of the SEI-US Administrative Team.
The core responsibility of the SEI-US Finance and Administrative Assistant will be to support the Financial Director with financial record keeping responsibilities, including bill receipt and payment, payroll administration, and client invoicing. This position will also support human resources and administration functions as needed. Furthermore, depending on skills and interest of the applicant, this position may also provide IT support across the 3 SEI-US offices, including procurement and maintenance of software and hardware, and may potentially assist staff with travel and other logistical arrangements.
Salary range: Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Terms: 20-25 hours per week, depending on candidate interest and capabilities.
Start date: As soon as position filled
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts
Application deadline: June 5th, 2017
- Bachelor’s degree, and at least one year of relevant work experience.
- Basic knowledge of financial accounting.
- Quantitative and analytical aptitude and ability to problem-solve.
- Proficiency with Quickbooks and Excel preferred.
- Adept writing, oral communication, and listening skills.
- Warm, friendly, intellectually curious, and with an entrepreneurial spirit, a sense of humor, and an eagerness to learn.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capacity to work collaboratively within a team.
- Ability to work well with remote staff via skype, email, and other means.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize among multiple tasks at hand.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without requiring a work visa for SEI-US.
SEI offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid parental and family medical leave after one year of employment.
We have a casual work environment and flexible work schedules, and offer 15 days vacation, increasing to 20 days after five years of employment.
SEI is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.